About this Course
This NVQ Accredited Teacher Training Diploma Course equips you with the vital skills and techniques of teaching students till the primary level. The course is designed with an aim to provide you with the much-needed exposure and expertise to become a sought-after educator in the global teaching arena. This program has been designed to incorporate an array of methodologies and practices into the teaching and learning framework which will help the teachers to engage students in a learner friendly classroom environment.
- Education in early childhood (3 – 5 years)
- Education for the primary years (5 – 8 years) including the teaching of reading, writing & mathematics.
- Development of the child (birth – 7 years) Language development of the child (birth – 7 years)
- Child psychology
- Developing the aesthetic ability of the child
- Developing the physical ability of the child
- Teaching of Language, Mathematics and Environmental Studies from preschool to Grade 3.
- Developing art in the child
- Equipment making – i.e. Math equipment, charts & puzzles, games, language cards & charts, different types of books – including Jumbo Books.
- Observation & teaching practice – Nursery & Primary (up to grade 3)
Duration: 12 Months
Entry Qualifications General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) should have sat for the examination and have a good command of both spoken & written English.
- A good command of both written and spoken English.
- Pass in the English Placement Test.
- Basic IT literacy.
- Priority is given to those who have sat for the A/Levels.
- Written examinations and assignments based on the lecture modules.
- Teaching practice
- Diploma certificate in Preschool & Sub Primary Education (on the successful completion of 3 terms work and 50% pass marks on all course work. Projects to be submitted on given dates).
- First Aid Certificate.
- Visiting lecturers with overseas experience will be delivering lectures on various topics.
- During the course students will be sent to reputed national and international schools to gain practical experience and learn classroom management.
- Regular attendance is very important as marks will be given periodically for discussions and practical work.
- 80% attendance & completion of all the course work and modules is mandatory.
Ms. Soharnee Walpita
Opportunities to become teachers in both Local and International Schools.