- Education in early childhood (3 – 5 years)
- Education for the primary years (5 – 8 years) including the teaching of reading, writing & mathematics.
- Development of the child (birth – 7 years)
Language development of the child (birth – 7 years)
- Child psychology
- Developing the aesthetic ability of the child
- Developing the physical ability of the child
- Teaching of Language, Mathematics and Environmental Studies from preschool to Grade 3.
- Developing art in the child
- Equipment making – i.e. Math equipment, charts & puzzles, games, language cards & charts, different types of books – including Jumbo Books.
- Observation & teaching practice – Nursery & Primary (up to grade 3)
Students will be required to provide material for their own equipment making.
Duration: 12 Months
General Certificate of Education (Ordinary Level) with 6 or more passes including Mathematics and English
- A good command of both written and spoken English.
- Pass in the English Placement Test.
- Basic IT literacy.
- Priority is given to those who have sat for the A/Levels.
- Written examinations and assignments based on the lecture modules.
- Teaching practice
- Diploma certificate in Preschool & Sub Primary Education (on the successful completion of 3 terms work and 50% pass marks on all course work. Projects to be submitted on given dates).
- First Aid Certificate.
- Visiting lecturers with overseas experience will be delivering lectures on various topics.
- During the course students will be sent to reputed national and international schools to gain practical experience and learn classroom management.
- Regular attendance is very important as marks will be given periodically for discussions and practical work.
- 80% attendance & completion of all the course work and modules is mandatory.
Ms. Soharnee Walpita